First Niagara Online Banking » First Niagara Routing Number and SWIFT Code
First Niagara offers customers a host of cash management services including ACH and wire transfers. Wire transfers can be processed the same day or scheduled through the Online Banking service. One can also conduct a wire transfer at a branch location or through telephone banking by calling at 1-800-439-8230. For more information about the bank’s cash management services, click here.
Routing Number On Check
The routing number, also popularly referred to as the ABA or routing transit number, is found at the bottom left hand side of the check. It is a 9 digit number that is based on the location where you opened your account in the USA. Here is an illustration of the First Niagara check:
How to Wire Funds
To carry out a wire transfer, the following information is required:
- Bank Details – First Niagara Bank, N.A., 726 Exchange Street, Buffalo, NY 14210 USA,
- Routing and Transit Number – 222370440.
- Account holder’s name
- Beneficiary’s account number at First Niagara
- Any wire transfer instructions
For international transfers, First Niagara uses a correspondent bank. Details for the preferred bank are as follows:
- Bank Details – The Bank of New York Mellon, One Wall Street, New York, NY 10286, USA
- SWIFT/BIC – IRVTUS3N
- Account number -8901025461
To initiate an outgoing wire transfer, visit a First Niagara branch location where you will be assisted in completing the wire transfer request form. Alternatively, you can use the PIN based telephone banking service.